The sweater is worked flat in one piece, starting up the front and down the back.
1. Start up the front. Work flat while completing the sheep until reaching the sleeves.
2. Cast on sts for the sleeves.
3. For the neckline, Bind off the center stitches and leave right sleeve stitches on waste yarn or stitch holder. Continue with left sleeve. Make additional rows for the sweater opening.
4. Cast on the sts of neckline and opening and continue working back with sleeves.
5. Bind off sleeve sts and work back.
Finish off: Duplicate stitch for diaper and sew side and sleeve seams.
What do you need to know?
To knit and purl, increases and decreases. Colorwork/ intarsia for color change. Duplicate stitch. There are support videos included if it is your first time. The bear chart includes step-by-step instructions for its sweater.
Yarn: Drops Merino Extra fine – 50gr; Each skein has 105m / 115 yds. Merino Superwash Wool (100%).
Amount main color: 2 (2, 3, 3, 4) 50 gr skeins. Total in meters: 210 (210, 315, 315, 420) m.
Total in yards: 230 (230, 345, 345, 460) yds.
Few meters/yards for sheep, nose and diaper.
Needle 4 mm (US 6)/ Similar size hook for bobbles
Other yarn suggestions
Marker for delimiting the chart.
2 small buttons around 12.5 mm/ 0.5 in
Waste yarn or stitch holders.
Tapestry needle for finishing off.
In a 10 x 10 cm (4 in x 4 in) square you should have 20 sts and 26 rows. Work the swatch in Stockinette st and block it.